In a nutshell:
Our client, a highly reputable top 100 law firm, are seeking Managing Litigation Paralegals to support the litigation against leading vehicle manufacturers accused of fitting ‘defeat’ devices to their vehicles to cheat EU and UK emissions laws. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a law firm committed to claimant only cases ensuring that individuals have access to justice.
This role is for the Manchester office.
📅 Starting November/December 2022 for 6 months (available start dates include 21 November, 28 November, 5 December and 12 December)
🌟 Permanent job opportunities available after 6 months, subject to performance
📍 North Manchester office. Accessible by car, Metrolink and bus. You must attend the office for 3 days a week.
🏠 Home/remote working available for 2 days a week
⏰ 35 hours a week, 9:30 - 5:30pm, including a 1hr unpaid lunch break, Monday to Friday. Some flexibility may be required from time to time.
💰 Hourly rate equivalent to £28,000 per annum
📚 Full training and supervision will be provided
During this placement, you can expect to:
- Manage large group claims and ensure that accurate information and instructions are obtained from clients and accurate records are maintained
- To manage clusters of teams and effectively delegate and supervise the work of paralegals and non-qualified fee earners
- Assist with drafting documents, client liaison including interviewing clients and taking instructions, research work, assist with negotiations and provide general administrative support
- Sort and review records, drafting case summaries, liaise with other solicitors and third parties
- Monitor all aspects of the case on behalf of the client and advise on whether subsequent developments affect views previously expressed
- Support the research and development of new areas of practice for the firm
- Communicate with clients/ other parties as and when necessary, in a professional, courteous, and efficient manner
- Monitor all aspects of the case on behalf of the client and advise on whether subsequent developments affect views previously expressed.
- Ensure documents and copies of correspondence are kept up to date and filed, including amending claim forms
- Ensure accuracy when updating client information on the relevant databases
- Importing/maintaining client data to a case management system (Liberate) in accordance with instructions and in line with relevant processes
- Document review for all types of documents, as and when required
- Opening new files and closing old files as required.
- Ensure database information is updated and maintained in accordance with instructions, and in line with relevant processes
- Making assessments on clients who have information and data errors
- Identifying clients who need to have the proceeding issued
- Updating and training the team on procedures and policies, as and when required
- Provide weekly statistics for partners, marketing, and funders
- Undertake ad hoc data tasks covering bills and costings
- Marketing data analysis, including 3rd party contact centre data
- Weekly conflict checks sent from compliance
- Weekly sanctions list checks sent from compliance
- Updates and meetings with compliance on work and structures