Graduate Litigation Paralegal
Leigh Day, a top 100 law firm, is seeking a large team of Litigation paralegals to support their UK Group Litigation work.
This is a 6 month placement with Flex Legal and the option to go permanent with the client.
What you'll be doing:
- Manage large group claims and ensure that accurate information and instructions are obtained from clients and accurate records are maintained
- Assist with drafting documents, client liaison including interviewing clients and taking instructions, research work, assist with negotiations and provide general administrative support
- Sort and review records, drafting case summaries, liaise with other solicitors and third parties
- Monitor all aspects of the case on behalf of the client and advise on whether subsequent developments affect views previously expressed
- Support the research and development of new areas of practice for the firm
- Communicate with clients/other parties as and when necessary, in a professional, courteous, and efficient manner
- Monitor all aspects of the case on behalf of the client and advise on whether subsequent developments affect views previously expressed.
- Ensure documents and copies of correspondence are kept up to date and filed, including amending claim forms
- Ensure accuracy when updating client information on the relevant databases
- Importing/maintaining client data to a case management system in accordance with instructions and in line with relevant processes
- Document review for all types of documents, as and when required
- Opening new files and closing old files as required.
- Ensure database information is updated and maintained in accordance with instructions, and in line with relevant processes
- Making assessments on clients who have information and data errors
- Identifying clients who need to have the proceeding issued
📅 Starting November/December 2022 for 6 months (available start dates include 21 November, 28 November, 5 December and 12 December)
🌟 Permanent job opportunities available after 6 months, subject to performance
📍 Manchester office. Accessible by car, Metrolink and bus. You must attend the office for 3 days a week.
🏠 Home/remote working available for 2 days a week
⏰ 35 hours a week, 9:30 - 5:30pm, including a 1hr unpaid lunch break, Monday to Friday. Some flexibility may be required from time to time.
💰 Hourly rate equivalent to a £20k salary.
📚 Full training and supervision will be provided.
- Able to start work ASAP in December 2022 and able to work for minimum 6 months full-time
- Full-time hours only, Monday to Friday
- Able to work in a Manchester based office 3 days a week
- 2:1 degree minimum
- Existing right to work in the UK
- UK address
- Good excel skills